Enter qty and post code to calculate shipping:
PAW MediDerm® Gentle Medicated Shampoo is an effective low-irritant, antibacterial and antifungal shampoo that is gentle on the skin. Combining, Piroctone Olamine, a new veterinary active, with pawDerm® sulphate free technology, PAW MediDerm Shampoo:
- Effectively treats pyoderma and seborrhoea, and pruritus associated with these conditions.
- Controls Staphylococcus intermedius and Malassezia pachydermatis.
- Preserves skin barrier function.
- Removes scaly skin and grease.
- Manages recurrent skin infections.
- PAW MediDerm Shampoo containing the new veterinary active ingredient, Piroctone Olamine, is approved for use by the TGA1 in humans and APVMA2 in dogs.
- PAW MediDerm Shampoo contains the new veterinary active ingredient Piroctone Olamine and pawDerm® sulphate free cleansers for a low-irritant shampoo that is gentle on a pet’s skin2.
- Piroctone Olamine is not scheduled and does not require irritancy safety directions for human skin, or the use of gloves and goggles for the user.
- Only a 5 minute contact time required; allowing for a faster, more convenient dog washing time and improved treatment compliance.
- PAW MediDerm Shampoo is a low-irritant shampoo that uses pawDerm® sulphate free technology to minimise the impact on skin barrier function.
- This makes PAW MediDerm Shampoo ideal for long term management of recurrent skin infections.
- PAW MediDerm Shampoo is clinically proven to effectively treat superficial dermatitis, pyoderma and seborrhoea, control Staphylococcus intermedius and Malassezia pachydermatis, and remove scaly skin and grease.
PAW MediDerm Shampoo combines Piroctone olamine, a new veterinary antibacterial and antifungal ingredient, with pawDerm surfactant cleansing technology, glycerin (vegetable), sodium phosphate, glyceryl laurate and aqua (purified Australian water).
Frequently Asked Questions
What caused my dog to react to its old dog shampoo and conditioner?
Two of the major causes of skin reactions to topical shampoos are harsh surfactant ingredients (cleaning agents) and artificial (synthetic) fragrances. They can result in skin irritation, drying, dandruff, itchiness and even hair loss.
Sulphates are the most commonly used surfactant (cleaning agent) in human and animal products as they are effective cleansers and very low cost. However they are also strong irritants. The two primary sulphate surfactants used in most products are Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) and its ethoxylated equivalent Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate (SLES). Both cleansers are made by “sulphating” palm oil. Pure Animal Wellbeing recommends avoiding products containing SLS and SLES because of the irritancy and the presence of “objectionable trace impurities”. SLS has also been shown to cause the skin to become more sensitive to other ingredients and irritants.
Artificial (synthetic) fragrances are another major cause of irritation to the skin. Pure Animal Wellbeing only uses 100% Botanical fragrances (certified organic where possible) and essential oils to provide skin friendly, natural fresh scents pleasing to dogs and humans alike.